The Strengthening Families Program for Parents and Youth 10-14 can help you and your children prepare for the teen years. This program is a free and fun opportunity to strengthen family communication and promote family bonding. Two new six-week cycles are scheduled:
- Wednesdays, April 15-May 20 at Trinity Lutheran Church, 5th Street, Perkasie
- Thursdays, April 9-May 14 at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 10th Street, Quakertown
Each session includes a family meal, free childcare and a chance to win a weekly gift card. Classes will be held from 6-8:30pm.
Pre-registration is required by April 8.
Weekly sessions include:
- Fun Family Games and Activities
- Engaging & Interactive Youth Activities
- Interaction with Other Parents
- FREE Family Meal Each Week
- FREE Childcare for Younger Siblings
- Gift Card Raffle Each Week
The first half hour of the program will be devoted to a communal dinner followed by an hour where teens and parents meet separately and then the final hour is dedicated to bringing parents and youth together.
Parents and caregivers will discuss a host of topics such as: the normal developmental changes in teenagers, helping teens to avoid risks and substance use, setting age appropriate limits, helping youth to understand rules and consequences, effective joint problem solving skills and ways to show love and support.
Youth will learn about and then practice making good decisions and setting goals, peer pressure resistance skills to avoid problems with drugs & alcohol, empathy and appreciation of parents/caregivers and ways to cope with stress.
What SFP participants have said:
- “The program helped me bond with my child and opened up communication. It helped her prepare for future challenges.
- “I was skeptical at first but doing the program has changed my life more than I ever thought possible for the better.”
- “This was a lot of fun and beneficial for everyone in our family. I would suggest this class to everyone.”
Submit the form below to register or print and to mail in or fax one of our PDF forms below to Nina Stephens. Call 215-536-7854 for more information.